The 6th edition of the international cycling race CRO Race is held from September 28 to October 3 and bring together many famous names of the world cycling scene. It will host 20 cycling teams from Europe, Asia, America and Australia, through 6 stages, on a route longer than 1,000 kilometers throughout Croatia. This year, the CRO Race will offer many excitements and attractions, and will pass through 13 counties and include some already known, but also new destinations.
CRO Race is a sports event that not only promotes cycling as a sport, but by promoting natural beauty and cultural heritage puts Croatia on the map of the most attractive cycling destinations in the world and sends one of the most beautiful postcards in Croatia to the world.
Cycling, adrenaline, fans - get ready! 6 stages - 6 days - 1082 km.
A total of 20 world teams from the World Tour, Pro Continental and Continental categories will take part in this year's race, which will run in stages. A total of six Croatians will take part in the race - Antonio Barać (Meridiana Kamen Team), Matija Beđić (Meridiana Kamen Team), Filip Kvasina (Meridiana Kamen Team), Lorenzo Marenzi (Meridiana Kamen Team), Fran Miholjević (Cycling Team Friuli) and Josip Rumac (Androni Giocattoli - Sidermec).The first stage starts this year from Osijek, passes through Ludbreg, and ends in Varaždin. This introductory and at the same time the longest stage of 237 kilometers is adorned mainly by the plains and the group sprint on the central square of Varaždin.
2. The town of Slunj opens a long stage and then the cyclists descend to Lika-Senj County, which will finish the stage for the first time with a finish in the town of Otočac. The stage will include the pearl of Plitvice Lakes National Parks. The second stage is 187 kilometers long with a height difference of 2275 meters.
3. In the third stage, the race moves to the coast in Primosten, from where cyclists will reach the finish line in Makarska through Rogoznica on a 167-kilometer route. Excitement will not be lacking on extremely technically demanding passes through Tučepi, Podgora and Igrane and the southernmost point of this year's race - Živogošće.
4. The fourth stage of the start in Zadar and through Starigrad Paklenica continues with a dynamic ride along the Adriatic Highway, leading cyclists to the bonus goal in Senj and to the goal in Crikvenica.
5. The fifth stage starts in Rabac, passes through Pazin and leads cyclists with a 10.7 km long ascent to the Učka Nature Park, after which it passes through Kastav, Viškovo, Rijeka and ends with two laps around Opatija. With 137.5 km, this stage will surely be the favorite of climbers.
6. The final, sixth stage will start in Samobor with the passage through Sveta Nedelja, Velika Gorica, Dugo Selo and Vrbovec and the last mountain goal of the race in Sveti Ivan Zelina, after which, traditionally, it will end in Zagreb on St. Mark's Square with the announcement of the overall race winner.
The race will be broadcast by numerous television stations from as many as 6 continents - in Europe, North and South America, Asia, Africa and Australia - in as many as 190 countries.
You will be able to follow some of the race routes live through our webcams.
Get involved and cheer for your favorites!